About our Due Diligence service
We carry out due diligence to mitigate the risk of partnering with an individual or business whose existing or previous activities or relationships may cause legal, regulatory, reputational or financial damage.
Our Due Diligence activities include:
- Identifying the ultimate beneficial owner of a business by tracing corporate structures through various international country registers;
- identifying where nominee shareholders or off shore havens are being used to conceal ultimate owners;
- exploring open sources for any relevant trading articles, negative news, litigation or court judgements concerning the individual / business;
- examining the previous/other business interests of key stakeholders including shareholders and directors in order to assess their commercial history and identify any conflicts or risks;
- analyzing annual accounts and corporate reports;
- monitoring for any future changes in corporate structure or ownership or any key changes at the board level;
- monitoring the future financial risk of the individual / business by identifying CCJs, winding-up petitions, writs etc;
- monitoring for any future negative news.