The construction of a forensic laboratory is a complex and time-consuming process. There are a number of planning and design considerations that can affect the success of the deign project. A forensic approach to the design and construction of the laboratory is critical. Forensic Pathways assists Police Forces and governments with the development of a needs assessment and design program in line with IS017025 standards.As acompany we consider the existing labs capabilities, number of samples being processed, laboratory floor (space) and budgets/costs.
Forensic Pathways recognizes that everyforensic laboratory has very specific needs and there is no accepted plan or design for a lab. The type of analysis being conducted (e.g. digital forensics, ballistics, DNA), space available, and number of samples being processed will affect the design of the laboratory.
Forensic Pathways has knowledge and experience in a variety of forensic disciplines, including forensic ballistic, DNA, mobile phone forensics, computer forensics, fingerprinting, explosives, crime scene and drugs testing. Dr. Clint Hampson (Forensic Pathways) leads the forensic laboratory design consultancy service. Dr. Hampson and with the support of his expert team has a vast amount of experience designing, delivering and constructing forensic laboratories from the ground up.
Forensic laboratory consultancy includes:
- Scoping the facility to ensure the laboratory meets the set requirements
- Designing the laboratory floor space and making recommendations in line with international standards and/or ISO17025
- Recommend forensic technologies, equipment and consumables.
- Technology validation, testing and installation
- Development of standard operating procedures to prevent cross contamination, for example.
For more information on forensic laboratory consultancy, design and construction please contact email@example.com